What are Essential Oils?
How Do Essential Oils Work?
- Essential Oils are the life-blood of an aromatic plant. Have you ever broken the leaf or stem of a plant and noticed fluid? When you take that precious fluid, which contains the plant’s immune system and 100’s of naturally occurring protective chemicals and distill it, the result is an essential oil.
- Essential oils have also been used for thousands of years and are known for their spiritually and emotionally uplifting properties. Young Living has always been at the forefront of bringing this ancient tradition to modern users, introducing millions of people to wellness, purpose and abundance they may never have dreamed possible. Extracted through careful steam distillation but also through cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the plants or trees from which they were extracted. Any time you hold a bottle of Young Living's pure, therapeutic grade essential oils, you are holding nature’s essence.
- Essential Oils containing sesquiterpenes have a unique ability to penetrate cell membranes and diffuse throughout the body. These particles are one of the only things small enough to cross the blood brain barrier, which separates the nervous system from the circulatory system.
- Essential oils are the purest, most potent form of an herb and are derived from herbs in their living state. Herbs have been dried out, so they only have 3-8% potency. Essential oils are so potent that 1 drop of peppermint oil is equivalent to 26 cups of peppermint tea. It takes 43 lemon rinds to cold-press one 15ml bottle of lemon essential oil.
- Essential Oils contain protective properties which are the plant’s natural defense mechanisms, and they have many health benefits when we use them as well
How Do Essential Oils Work?
- Essential oils contain many natural chemical constituents that have been documented to therapeutically affect the human body, such as calming for stress reduction and better sleep, mood and energy enhancing properties and improved function in various systems of the body. Therapeutic grade oils bypass the "thinking brain" and reach the Limbic system in just seconds. One sniff can rock our world!
- When applied to the skin, essential oils' tiny molecules penetrate the fatty layers and move deeper into the body. The lipid solubility of essential oils allows them to travel directly through the cell itself. Because essential oils can penetrate through the fatty tissue layers into the interstitial fluids as well as into the blood circulation, they have a profound effect on the whole body.
- Young Living's oils are so pure that many can also be used as dietary supplements and for cooking. The Vitality oils allow you to explore some of the best-loved essential oils in a variety of nutritious and delicious ways.